Paediatric Neurology is a medical subspecialty that specializes in the investigation, diagnosis and management of neurological conditions in children. The discipline also encompasses diseases and disorders of the spinal cord, brain, peripheral nervous system, autonomic nervous system, muscles and blood vessels that affect children.
Commonly encountered conditions
- Febrile seizures Epilepsy
- Movement disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Brain injuries and their complications
- Headaches and migraines
- Floppy infants & Hypotonia
- Delayed development and intellectual disability
- Congenital abnormalities of the Central Nervous System
- Genetic disorders affecting the nervous system
- Cerebral palsy
- Neuromuscular disease
- Behavioural problems such as attention deficit & hyperactivity disorder
- Developmental disorders such as delayed speech development
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Learning disorder
- Ataxia or Unsteadiness and gait impairment
Paediatric Neurology specialist services
The center is equipped with professional diagnostic tools for investigation procedures in order to provide the most timely diagnosis and early interventions to patients.
Electroencephalography (EEG) is a test for recording the brain’s electrical activities. It is used to diagnose certain disorders affecting the brain such as epilepsy, encephalitis, tumors and stroke etc.
Electro-diagnostic Study (ED)
Electro-diagnostic Studies, provided by Union Hospital include: Nerve Conduction Test (NCT), Evoked Potential Test (EP), Visual Evoked Potentials (VEP), Brain Auditory Evoked Potentials (BAEP)and Needle Electro-Musculography (EMG).
The Union Hospital also provides comprehensive clinical services which target from newborns to adolescents. For details, please visit Department of Paediatrics.
Should you have any enquiries regarding the charges, please contact us on 2608 3383.