Rheumatology is the medical discipline dealing with diseases affecting one's joints, tendons, ligaments, bones, and muscles.
Common rheumatic diseases and conditions:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Degenerative arthritis
- Parkinson's disease, difficulty in walking, falls
Scope of service:
- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases, e.g. joint pain/ inflammation and back pain etc.
- Ultrasound scan of joints
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy of joint/ musculoskeletal tissues and injections
- Treatment with biologic response modifiers
- Early assessment and treatment of arthritis